Homotoxicology means the study of the effects of toxic substances on human beings. Homotoxicology is a way of understanding the origins of disease and cure.
Homotoxicology is an integrated, holistic bio-regulatory system of medicine as initiated and established by Dr H-H Reckeweg.
Formulated by a German doctor, Dr Hans-Heinrich Reckeweg in
1955 as a unifying approach, based on the principles and philosophy of homeopathy.
Homotoxicology represents a unique intellectual synthesis of healing.
According to Dr Reckeweg, “diseases” are expressions of the battle of the organism against toxins, in its attempt to counteract and expel them.
When the body can no longer expel them, for whatever reason, the organism tries through increased pathological means to make up for the damage already sustained.
SIX PHASE TABLE
This process goes in six distinct phases, known as the Six Phase Table.
1. Excretion phase or the expulsion of toxins through body orifices, e.g. diarrhea, vomiting.
2. Reaction phase – where the body removes toxins reacting against them, e.g. fever, inflammation and mobilisation of white blood cells to consume the toxins.
3. Deposition phase – storage followed by deactivation of the toxins in connective and fat tissue and the vascular system.
The above phases are naturally “reversible”.
The following phases become more and more challenging to deal with as in these processes damage occurs to the organs themselves.
4. Impregnation phase – severe disease occurs in a “locus minoris resistentiae”, the body's weakest organ;
5. Degeneration phase – the organ is increasingly and irreversibly damaged, with alteration of the cellular enzymes and in the organic structure.
6. Neoplasm or Cancer phase– the cell genes are damaged.
In brief, when the body can't excrete toxins, acids, it creates inflammation (or other processes) to try to get rid of them.
If this cannot be achieved, the body has to deposit those toxins somewhere in the body where they will be out of the picture, so to speak, walled off and isolated from the rest of the body.